Summers at Quarrier in 1927
See larger photo HERE
|Another great unpublished
photo from 1927. This time it's Summers St at Quarrier. The
first landmark hint is the large building to the right with the railing
around the top. That was the Post Office then, and the library
now. They removed the railing many years ago. From
left to right: Capitol Shoe Repair (love the sign in the window) and
then a barber shop. Next to that is Gordons Tailors. They
later moved to Capitol Street and Sam Buff Tailors moved in.
There had been a tailor shop in this location for 50 years.
Notice also the great truck with "Owens Bottles" on the side.
This was another Carey Sign Company photograph for the Billboard
in the background. These buildings would be removed for the
What it looked like for many years when the bank bought it for their drive-through.
Top photo courtesy of Joe Carey
Another View around the same time
See large photo HERE