|A Few Things To Note On This Map|
The decade between 1944 and 1954 saw the most changes to Charleston's city streets.
State Street is now Lee Street. That street no longer dead ends on Capitol Street.
Charleston Street is now West Washington Street.
Quarrier Street ends at Capitol Street. It would be years before it continues to the Elk River
Laidley Street" only runs a block or so.
Fayette Street on the West Side would later be named Lee Street West.
Dickinson Street ends at Quarrier Street. It would be a few years before it opened to the bridge
Many streets that were on this map have now disappeared.